torsdag 15 maj 2014

Children, dots and vaccine...

It is not so easy to diagnos what kind of dots and spots a little child might have...

Jamie has a relatively sensitive skin, and it is pretty common that she has some kind of dots or a small rash that quickly disappear, so usually I don't analyse so much when I see some small things. But yesterday afternoon she all of a sudden got multiple dots all over her arms, some on the back and legs and a few in her face very rapidly. Since they came so fast I concidered some kind of food allergy because she ate melon in the car on the way home from preschool. But she has had melon very many times before and never reacted, they arent so allergenic either and it didnt look like a nettle rash caused by food. She also grabbed some nectarines when we stopped for groceries, but the same with them, she ate plenty last summer...  My second thought was of course Chicken pox ( Vattkoppor) because they came so quick ( I might have missed the vague and early dots somewhere on her body) and looked like they are suppose to do. I just kept waiting for them to develop vesicles and increase in numbers overnight. BUT this morning still nothing like that. And I know one significant sign of Chicken Pox is that you'll see all phases of the rash at the same time...and they are also supposed to develop these watery blisters pretty quick. So far nothing more happend except they decreased in numbers and got more pale...She had low fever 4-5 days ago, runny nose and some wet cough, but she has been active, eating and playing as usual...

Right now I'm thinking our little one might actually have Rubella ( Röda Hund). After looking at pictures and reading some more about this condition...maybe... if it is, this disease is usually harmless, and I guess it is good if she has had it to become immune. The vaccination for Rubella isn't by standards given until they are 18 months old, so we haven't been called to do that yet. The vaccine is included in the swedish vaccination program for all children, but as a parent you can choose not to give it...I'll write more about my thoughts of this vaccination later...I guess time will tell within a day or so if we need to be concerned or not...

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar